Click here for details of the scheme giving guidance for Hosts and Operators. Click here for downloadable details of Part 2 Short Term Lets in Scotland Licensing Scheme: Part 2 Supplementary Guidance for Licensing Authorities, Letting Agencies and Platforms.
- This guidance is intended for hosts and operators of short-term lets in Scotland to explain their responsibilities to comply with this legislation. Hosts and operators may be individuals or organisations such as partnerships, charities, trusts or companies who provide short-term lets.
This guidance will help you understand:
- whether your accommodation falls within scope of the legislation (see Annex A)
- what you need to do to apply for a licence
- what you need to do to comply with the requirements of the licensing scheme and relevant regulations
- your responsibility to comply with the conditions set out in your licence
- how to renew your licence